Friday, April 24, 2009

So Distressing!!


This is another card I made for the distress challenge of the Hero Club blog this week. Jennifer had some great technique ideas for background and this was my try at it. I used a water pen and picked up a little distress ink and then squeezed the pen so that the ink was diluted with water when it dropped on the page. I repeated the process using different colors of distress inks until I was pleased with the background. When I was through putting the colors on my paper, it was quite wet and I wadded it up carefully and then opened it back up to create the wrinkled look. Then I dried it with my heat tool and used my bone folder to flatten it. To highlight the wrinkles I used some of the distress ink, picked it up on my finger and lightly rubbed over the areas I wanted to emphasize.
I used the "Be Yourself" clear stamp set from Hero Arts to stamp the stem and leaves with white pigment ink and embossed with white powder. I reinked the stamp with distress ink and stamped it just to the side of the embossed image to add some depth.
The flower was created using one of the new spellbinders nestabilities. Used the same technique as described above to color the flower. Used a hero stamp to stamp the words on the flower in distress ink and in white. I roughed up the edges with my scissors, dipped the edges in ink and embossed and added some distress ink to complete the distressing.
Finished the card by adding a button for the center of the flower

Tuesday, April 21, 2009


This is the card I created for the Hero Arts challenge this week. There was a sample of a card on their blog that was distressed using white and that really appealed to me so I decided to try my hand at it. Using their new stamp set "Be Yourself" I stamped the bird's body using polka dot paper from papertrey ink. Then stamped his wing on green bazzil cardstock and layered using foam tape.
The background is also from the Hero set was stamped in white pigment ink on kraft cardstock. Added some touches of color with green and brown pencils.
Initially I just distressed the edges of the cardstock with white pigment ink but they looked too bright so I added some color with brown pencil, but I wasn't happy with that look either. I roughed up the edges with scissors and then rubbed around the edges with a wet baby wipe and this added more distressing and softened the look. Added one of Hero's felt flowers and punched a flower out of the same pp used for the bird's body, and added a gemstone to finish the flower. To make the clouds I used Hero's new cloud background stamp and stamped it in white, added some color around each cloud with a blue pencil and stamped the birthday greeting in a cloud with a stamp from Inkadinkadoo.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This is a card I made for the Hero Blog my message challenge this week. Just got my new spellbinders nestabilities so had to incorporate them in the design. I also wanted to use bolder colors than I normally use so I picked this combination of Stampin Up markers. After I made the center shapes in white and stamped them, I had this Paper Trey Ink paper that matched perfectly. The stem and leaf part of the flower is a Unity stamp. It worked so well with the polka dot paper. Wanted to add a little touch of ribbon and I didn't have ribbon that matched so I used white ribbon and colored the edge with the stampin up marker I used in the design.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter


These are the Easter cards I made for the families in the NICU.
The duck and bunny images are from Impression Obsession rubber stamp company. The butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!