Friday, April 24, 2009

So Distressing!!


This is another card I made for the distress challenge of the Hero Club blog this week. Jennifer had some great technique ideas for background and this was my try at it. I used a water pen and picked up a little distress ink and then squeezed the pen so that the ink was diluted with water when it dropped on the page. I repeated the process using different colors of distress inks until I was pleased with the background. When I was through putting the colors on my paper, it was quite wet and I wadded it up carefully and then opened it back up to create the wrinkled look. Then I dried it with my heat tool and used my bone folder to flatten it. To highlight the wrinkles I used some of the distress ink, picked it up on my finger and lightly rubbed over the areas I wanted to emphasize.
I used the "Be Yourself" clear stamp set from Hero Arts to stamp the stem and leaves with white pigment ink and embossed with white powder. I reinked the stamp with distress ink and stamped it just to the side of the embossed image to add some depth.
The flower was created using one of the new spellbinders nestabilities. Used the same technique as described above to color the flower. Used a hero stamp to stamp the words on the flower in distress ink and in white. I roughed up the edges with my scissors, dipped the edges in ink and embossed and added some distress ink to complete the distressing.
Finished the card by adding a button for the center of the flower

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Debbie, I thought I could do without this die set and now, you have really tempted me. I also love how you did your background too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!