Tuesday, April 21, 2009


This is the card I created for the Hero Arts challenge this week. There was a sample of a card on their blog that was distressed using white and that really appealed to me so I decided to try my hand at it. Using their new stamp set "Be Yourself" I stamped the bird's body using polka dot paper from papertrey ink. Then stamped his wing on green bazzil cardstock and layered using foam tape.
The background is also from the Hero set was stamped in white pigment ink on kraft cardstock. Added some touches of color with green and brown pencils.
Initially I just distressed the edges of the cardstock with white pigment ink but they looked too bright so I added some color with brown pencil, but I wasn't happy with that look either. I roughed up the edges with scissors and then rubbed around the edges with a wet baby wipe and this added more distressing and softened the look. Added one of Hero's felt flowers and punched a flower out of the same pp used for the bird's body, and added a gemstone to finish the flower. To make the clouds I used Hero's new cloud background stamp and stamped it in white, added some color around each cloud with a blue pencil and stamped the birthday greeting in a cloud with a stamp from Inkadinkadoo.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! I really like this card! I love the white-on-kraft stamping (or bleaching maybe?) and the way you added the clouds at the top. The bird is adorable in the patterned papers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! I love all of your detail! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!