After an early morning trip to the doctor I got to come home and play in my craft room! Something I always look forward to. Checked out the Hero blog this morning to see what the challenge will be this week and it's going to be fun. Different colors each day using complementary colors and today's colors are black and white. Always a striking combination.
Then the decision of which stamps to use. The Hero Asian Frames clear stamp set seemed like it would be nice in black and white so decision made on stamp set.
I played around some with embossing in white on black and then tried black on white and decided that had more of the look that the Asian frame stamps called for. At first I thought of doing something geometric with the hexagon stamp but I wanted to incorporate the bamboo, so the hexagon became a vase. Then I stamped and embossed some of the flowers in the circle design, cut them out and placed them in the bamboo and used a larger one to place in the lower right corner. The stamp "Thanks" is from a clear PTI set. Layered the vase and bamboo on white and black card stock that I cut out with spellbinder's nestabilities.
Still time to play some more and I had been working on a card using the colors of green, white and black. I wanted to make it a window card for the current Caardvark challenge, so I knew I was going to make the black frame pop up with foam tape. I stamped the leaf branch from the hero "be yourself" set in celery green ink from Stampin Up. Then thought about this adorable little bird stamp that had been "aging" and decided to add it. That is when the color scheme took a turn. A black or green bird didn't seem right for this stamp so I stamped it on blue Bo Bunny paper and then covered it with white fun flock for feathers. Since the original color plan I started with flew out the window when the bird flew in, a touch of bright yellow was the next color, flowers and butterflies in yellow and flowers in blue added more color.
Then tied 2 ribbons together and added to the left side of the frame. And below is the finished project.........maybe another day I will get back to the original color scheme :)
Thanks for looking!