Friday, June 26, 2009

Complementary Red and Green


Today's colors for the Hero blog challenge are red and green. Usually this brings to mind the Christmas season, but if you are like me it is way too early to be thinking about that! So I pulled out the dots and flowers stamp and embossed it with celery green and clear embossing powder on white card stock. Then I sat and stared and stared and stared...I was stuck. The first thing I tried was a red and white flower. I tried a tissue paper flower, alternating layers of red and white card stock. embossing in clear, embossing in red. I wasn't coming up with anything that really worked. So back to my clear stamp drawer and the Asian frames caught my eye. Not a stamp set that I would envision in red and green..but this was a challenge and I decided to see what would happen. This set is so elegant to me. I just love it! So I picked the circle image and embossed it in white on red card stock and to give a little more dimension I used my versamark marker colored in a few sections and embossed with clear powder. I layered that on top of green and white flower shapes that were cut out with spellbinders nestabilities and my cuttlebug. Then I embossed some more flowers using the same process as before and cut out and added to the design.
Now I needed a sentiment to complete the card and I stamped a frame and sentiment from the clear Frames and Messages set. The complete frame was too big for the card so I just cut out the area around the message "you're special".
Tied a little ribbon around the bottom of the card, layered on white card stock and the card is done.
But this is how my desk looks now!!! It really was fairly clean and straight when I started and I didn't show you pictures of how messy the floor, my cutting area and everything else is. But believe me, it's a mess!

Off to clean up so I can start all over again!
Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! Beautiful card! I like how the bigger flowers in the large Asian Frame are a bit darker. And the sentiment looks perfect as just the oval shape. I also like the ribbon ends that are popping out. So creative! Challenges sure do have a way of helping us mess up our crafty spaces! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure you didn't take that picture at my house! I love every inch of your card. The mess was well worth it. Love the flowers and the DP is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Debbie! Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog lately! I appreciate them and I appreciate you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Debbie! That background stamp is awesome.Love your designs!
    Greetings from Sanne - Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful design, Debbie!!! I love the images and how you used the little flowers....sooo gorgeous!!! Thanks for visiting my blog...I love the company!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!