Friday, June 5, 2009

CPS 118

My take on the current sketch at CPS.
I couldn't decide where to start so this time I decided to pick colors and let them lead me in a direction. I guess this might be called periwinkle, with green and white. Looking at the periwinkle I thought about this beautiful rose stamp from Stampin up and a water color technique I saw on their site and decided to give it a try. Their Lovely Lilac ink looked perfect for the cardstock but I only had it in classic and I needed to be able to emboss it for the technique, so first I inked my stamp with versamark, then reinked with the lovely lilac, stamped and embossed using clear detail embossing powder. After embossing I spritzed the image with water.Then I pressed the classic pad onto a non porous surface and used a water pen to pick up some ink and place it in the embossed image leaving white spaces to create the look I wanted. I am too impatient to wait for it to dry so I dried it with my heat tool and cut it out.
I used my spellbinders nestabilities and cuttlebug to cut out the circle and scallop shape.
The floral lace border punch is by Martha Stewart and I chose to do that in the periwinkle, top with green and white strips of cardstock, then stamp sentiment in green. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set.
The panel of the left side of the card is made using the Hero Arts flower and dots background stamp, stamped in the classic lovely lilac ink, rounding the corners and adding a few green gemstones for interest. I layered it between the rose image and the circles to add some depth.

It is always fascinating for me to see how projects turn out. I very rarely have an idea for how I want my finished project to look, so it is always a surprise....and I think that makes it great fun!
TFL!

1 comment:

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!