Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hero Arts and Quik Cutz


All this week on the Hero blog they are featuring quik cutz and die cuts. If you want the opportunity to win some wonderful products take a look.
This is my entry for this week's challenge. I decided to start making my design by picking out some paper and colors to use. I found these pp by basic grey for inspiration. Then off to look at die cuts. I decided to use the spellbinders nestability flower and the marissa minis alphabet by quik cutz.

I stamped and embossed the leaves on the green pp and cut out around the top part of the design. Mounted that on some turqouise card stock.
Die cut the flowers and the alphabet. I wanted to use the Hero Arts bird from the Be Yourself clear set but it was a little large for the card so I altered the image dimensions by stamping it on the pp and cutting out the birds body. Restamped it on pink pp and cut out the wing and placed on bird image. after deciding where to place the bird I stamped a portion of the legs on the card with brown ink. Also did the tail feathers in the same way but used white ink and embossed.

Was loving the look of the basic grey pp so stamped the Hero cloud background in white and embossed, then cut out portions of clouds to use in the sky.
stamped the sentiment and punched it out using the Stampin' Up label punch.
The Butterfly image is from Penny Black.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. This is just tooo cute, Debbie...I love all the sweet little images and the papers you used are beautiful!!!! Good luck with the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have really been lucky to see your cards too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!