Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Fun


Continuing this week with the Hero Arts challenge. Today's complementary colors are blue and orange, which to me is a wonderful combination for summer. Colors that just belong on the beach and so here they are in this little beach scene. The umbrella was made using a die cut from Sizzix. Cut it twice in blue and orange and then stamped and embossed the blue top portion. Thought it called for some fringe at the bottom and so I cut lengths of ribbon, trimmed diagonally, and adhered to the back.
Next I made the fun beach blanket by stamping on white and using strips of blue and orange for the edging and the top and bottom of the blanket.
Used my cloud stamp from hero for the sky and used fun flock on some of the clouds to add some dimension.
The cute plane is a great little stamp from Rubbernecker. It has a banner flag flying behind it but not enough room on this card so I just used the plane.
The sand was made by using kraft card stock and covering with adhesive and layering embossing powder over it. Didn't heat emboss it because I like the texture as is and didn't want it to become shiny.
Randomly cut blue and white card stock for the waves and used a Hero alphabet stamp for my sentiment.
When I was photographing the card the sun was hitting the card so that it was shaded on the side under the umbrella. Hadn't planned it that way but it reminded me of those days at the beach when it is so bright and beautiful and those fluffy clouds float by occasionally and offer a brief sensation of cool!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! What a beautiful card! I love the pool blue and tropical orange together. Looks fabulous!

    By the way, just wanted to letcha know I am now officially "following" your blog and will show up in your list of "followers". If you choose to return the favor, that would be spiffy, but you certainly don't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The beautiful color choices and your creative details are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!