Sunday, July 19, 2009

Distressed Elegance



This is my latest card for the Hero challenge this week. My inspiration from the Hero website was the watercolor technique with distress inks by Shari Carroll. This technique is so much fun because it is so easy to change if you are unhappy with results you get along the way.
The 2 things I had decided to use when I started was the Asian Frames clear stamp set and Distress Inks in the following colors. Shabby Shutters, Broken China and Worn Lipstick.
Just love that combination.



1. Inked the dots and flowers stamp with worn lipstick and shabby shutters ink, spritzed with water, stamped on scrap paper. Spritzed again without reinking and stamped on water color paper. The image was a little harsh to me so I used my aqua color pen with plain water and diluted out the image until it had a softer feel about it. Then I picked up some broken china ink with the aqua pen and added to background.
2. Next I stamped the 2 flourish stamps with white pigment ink and embossed with white powder.
3. Next stamped the image from the Asian frames set, inked the stamp with versamark ink and then added shabby shutters, stamped on water color paper and embossed with clear powder.
Stamped it 3 times and cleaned the stamp between each time so I wouldn't have the green ink on my versamark pad. After stamping colored with distress inks using the aqua painter and water. Left one image complete and cut the flowers from the other 2 stamped images.
4. Cut the flower shape from wc paper using my spellbinders templates and cuttlebug. Embossed with dots using a cuttlebug folder. Applied the Asian frame image to the front and distressed the edges using diluted tea dye distress ink.
5. Used ribbon from PTI for an accent. Stamped the small Hello sentiment and mounted card front on to card.
Sometimes it is hard to get the colors to show on a picture and on the computer screen that is true to how the actual card looks but finally was able to get this one that is a good match.
hope you like the card and thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Debbie! What a pretty card! I love how soft the colors are. Terrific watercolor feel! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!