Monday, July 13, 2009
This card was inspired by Shari Carroll's technique that is posted on the Hero website. I started by inking the background stamp with distress inks and stamping on glossy card stock. I added accents to the background by adding glossy accents to the small butterflies, flowers, and dots and sprinkling glitter over them.
The butterfly was stamped first inking the stamp with versamark, reinking with broken china distress ink and them embossing with clear powder. Color was added to the inside of the butterfly by picking up the pink and green with an aqua painter and adding where desired. After cutting out the image, I added glossy accents and let dry.
I stamped the flower image in the same way but used worn lipstick distress ink. Again added glossy accents, when it was almost dry I bent the flower slightly and it caused a crackled look. I used a clear button for the center of the flower and gave it some dimension by covering with versamark and distress inks and then embossing with clear powder. Punched holes in the center and added white and green thread.
The ribbon was made by using white ribbon and adding distress inks, spritzing with water and then rubbing with a baby white to get the desired effect.
I stamped the sentiment and cut out using a Spellbinders lables 4 template. The touch of color around the edges is broken china ink that was applied with the aqua painter.
Ranger distress inks:
mini mixed messages
Spellbinders Labels 4 template
Rangers glossy accents