Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Together

These birds are one of the new stamp sets in the Stampin' Up! catalog and I thought they were adorable! They were stamped using melon mambo. I inked them up and stamped the image once on scrap paper then reinked the stamp using so saffron then stamped on white cardstock.
The line under the happy little birds was the stem from the Petal Pizzazz stamp set.
After stamping I cut out the label shape from a spellbinder's nestability set, layered onto dusty durango card stock and cut a border around the shape. Then I used a piercing tool and mat to punch the holes around the edges of the label.
I folded a golden orange cardstock to make a card that is 51/2 by 41/4 then I cut to rectangles
2 1/4 by 2 3/4 out of the dusty durango card stock and placed on opposite corners. I stamped the stem from the Happy set with versamark ink on all corners. I highlighted the stem with the uni-ball signo gel pen. Placed white ribbon over the seams and then added the label to the card using foam tape to add dimension.














I wanted to try another card using the same stamp set yet achieve a totally different look. So this time the birds became blue birds except for their little friend at the end.....not sure what kind he is. This label was made using a quickutz die cut out in white and then I cut the larger die out of green card stock and just used the edge to highlight the central shape. I used the Simple Flower embosslit die to cut out and emboss the flower in blue, white and green. I trimmed the edge from the white flower and layered onto the blue one. I cut the green flower in sections and used as leaves. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set stamped in ballet blue on green card stock and punched out with a label punch.
Hope you like the new set!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! I really like your orange color-block card! The birds are so cute! I like the little details, too, like the border stamp in the corners, the paper piercing, and the bit of color framing the label. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet cards! Awesome details.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!