Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Inspired by 2 techniques by Shari Carroll

This card was inspired by Shari Carroll's techniques: Water color effects and Cutting and remounting. You can find them at www.heroarts.com
1. fold a 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 piece of kraft card stock to form a A2 sized card
2. Applied shabby shutter and broken china distress inks to non porous surface, spritzed with
a fine mist of water and used as ink pad to apply ink to bird on a branch stamp. then
stamped on glossy card stock.
3. When dry I punched out circles and flowers from the image.
4. On the folded kraft card stock I stamped the swirl with flower with versamark and
embossed with clear powder.
5. I stamped the black and white flower stamp once using versamark and clear powder on
kraft card stock and then again on glossy card stock with white and used white powder.
6. I colored the image on the glossy card stock using the same distress inks and an
aquapainter. Then I cut out the colored sections and applied to the kraft image.
7. The sentiment is from a clear stamp set and was in a straight line but I wanted to adapt
it to fit this card so I cut it apart and arranged it on an acrylic block, then stamped with
white pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder.
8. Then I arranged the tiny punched flowers as accents to the swirl with flower stamp and
added white pearls.
9. Finished off by adding some distressing.
Supplies used:
Hero stamps
K5133
K5053
F5132
CL267
Ranger distress inks:
shabby shutters
broken china
Paper flowers
Kraft card stock
versamark ink
colorbox white pigment ink
white and clear embossing powders.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Debbie! I've had fun exploring Hero Arts' website, too. I like this card you've created. The soft colors are lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!