Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dear Santa!


I know, I know, it's only August but Hero is showing sneak peeks of their new winter and cling stamps. The challenge on their blog this week is to create a card inspired by some of the sneak peeks they have shown. Looks like it's going to be a good holiday season :).
I like the combination of the pink, red and bright greens they used. It has such a fresh bright look to it. My Christmas cards in the past have usually stayed with the traditional red, green and white so it's time to update and step out of my comfort zone.
I stamped the background stamp in white and embossed with white powder and was delighted to find that you can color over embossing with copic markers. The Santa note is one of the new cling stamps that I stamped once in green and once in red and then cut the red out and layered over the green. And what is more important than getting your letter into Santa early so that you beat the rush and are at the front of his list? Started to list all I wanted individually but neither the "write your own" stamp or the card were long enough LOL!
Hope this hint of the holidays makes you feel a little cooler where you are. Went outside to photograph the card and I have to tell you that I was "glistening". We say that here in the south....sounds a little better than "sweating like a pig"...don't you agree?
Thanks for coming by, stay out of the heat. Going to be 97 here tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! It was a scorcher yesterday here! Wowzers! Could hardly stand it. I don't even know if making winter cards could cool it down! Love this card. Fabulous use of the lime, pink, and red color scheme! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love your stuff - I have added you to my Google Reader. It was good to meet you and Tanya today at Stamper's Alley and hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your new toys :-)

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!