Thursday, September 10, 2009

Questions and Answers

Have you ever wondered what it felt like when someone got the news that they might have a serious illness? I have. I got the word yesterday and I am trying to figure out how I feel now. Have been having some health issues since the first of the year......thinking that they were part of the getting older process. I usually don't go to the doctor but this year it seems like it has been pretty constant. So this last 2-3 weeks it has been labs, ultrasounds, 2 MRIs, and the word is that I am having surgery on Tuesday. That's when I will have more definite answers. Looking forward to knowing one way or the other, but a little afraid to find out. Lots of thoughts running through my head......how will the answers affect me, my family, my friends, my job...........no way to know until Tuesday.
If you know me you know that I am not a very patient person, so waiting is really not my thing. sounds like I better work on getting some patience doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't ever experienced it, so I won't say I know how you feel because I can't. But I will say that I hope it all works out and it isn't as serious as it seems, and that you will be in my thoughts. Sometimes knowing and being able to take action is better than wondering and thinking even worse...easy to say from where I sit, I know. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie, I am happy that the surgery will be soon, I agree would much rather be active than sit around and wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie! Sorry you are having some health challenges! I hate that feeling of being in limbo, too! I'd much rather know what I'm dealing with, so I can learn all about it and get fighting! It is soooooo frustrating having to sit and wait and not know. My thoughts are with you. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!