Thursday, October 1, 2009

ATCs

The challenge on the Hero blog this week is to make ATCs. I haven't had much experience making them so I decided to give it a try and see if it would get those creative juices flowing again. They have been on vacation since I had surgery and I was ready for them to get back. I wanted to use some of the new Hero cling stamps and Beate Johns had a tutorial on her blog about using acrylic paints between acetate and card stock so the first ATC is a combo of those things.


First I stamped on the acetate using staz on and allowed the image to dry. Using the ranger paint dabbers I covered the back of the acetate with a combination of pink and peach acrylic paints adding to the paint until I was happy with the amount of color and then placed that over white glossy card stock. Once dry I used my spellbinders nestability to cut out the shape. Added flowers, pearls and glossy accents for dimension.



On this ATC I dabbed the acrylic paints directly on to the glossy card stock. After thoroughly dried I stamped the image over the paints using a dye ink and allowed that to dry. The colors of the flowers was not as bright as I thought they should be so I added color with copic markers.
punched out the butterflies and the fence. The flower was a large white flower that I folded into quarters and added color again with the copics and added pearls for the base of the flower.



I think the last one is my favorite. I like the black and white with only one added color. This time I inked up the stamp and stamped once on scrap paper then restamped on glossy card stock. So there was not as much coverage and it ended up having a marbled look in person. Colored one flower and added a silver brad for the center. Covered the entire card with frost versamark and embossed with clear powder. Cut the turquoise base from cooredinations card stock and sanded the edges to give it a distressed look. Added a touch of ribbon and 2 brads.

I would be interested in hearing which of these looks you like the most.

Hope you are having a great day and getting some creative time in!
debbie

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Debbie! Pretty ATCs! I like the black and white with teal one, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!