Saturday, January 30, 2010

Birthday Card Stash

We all need to have a stash of birthday cards handy. Always seem to think of birthdays in plenty of time but somehow I always wait to the last minute to get them in the mail. So I try to keep a variety of cards on hand so hopefully when that last minute arrives I will have one that suits the recipient. If not I am really in a rush to come up with one for that person.
Do you make your cards ahead of time or do you make a card at the time for that particular person?

Stamped the CG140 Poppy Background stamp from hero arts with brown pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. Used copic markers to color the flowers and stems. Stamped the image twice so I could use it for a rectangular card the stamp is a square.

Cut white card stock to cover where the background stamp was layered and punched the butterflies using a Martha Stewart punch. She has some GREAT punches. Stamped the sentiment below the punched butterfly border, it is from a clear set by Hero CL267 Card Messages.

We are having miserable winter weather today so it was hard to get a shot inside that showed the colors well, but hopefully this is pretty close.

Have a great one!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I love how you made the stamp fit the card. The colors are so pretty and the punch is perfect, I think I need that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! I didn't think I needed that stamp but the more I see it, the more I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Debbie! I just bought that stamp today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debbie! Usually I made them ahead of time for a specific person. But, sometimes I forget or have a block on what to make for a certain individual. And then I end up facing a last minute rush. This is a beautiful card. I like the border of butterflies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is really nice, but the tip is great! What a novel idea and one I will remember from now on.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!