Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby Shower Invitation

A friend at work ask me to help with a baby shower invitation for another friend who is about to have her 2nd baby boy. We didn't need to send it in the mail we just needed one to post at work. She is going to be doing her nursery using an adorable design from Pottery Barn.
This is so cute and so I decided to use the colors and design in the invitaion. First step was to cut squares out of card stock and arrange by colors. Didn't use the white because I knew I was going to print the wording of the invitation on white card stock.
Then I used the Hero Arts clear set CL372 to stamp the fish, clams, and sand dollars on some of the squares. I kept those images tone on tone so they wouldn't be too busy and take away from the sail boat. The whale at the bottom is also from that set and was stamped with Adirondak citrus ink on white card stock, colored with copic markers, B0000 and R08. Cut out and attached.
I made my own pattern for the sail boat. But the first step was printing the details of the invitation on white card stock, in a pattern that would fit on the sail and on the boat. Then I cut the sail out of white card stock and the boat out of patterned paper from papertrey ink. Used a SU bashful blue marker to add details to the edges of the white card stock. Free cut the flag out of the darker blue card stock. and edged with white gel pen.
And here is the result:
 One last step was to place this on a 81/2 by 11 piece of card stock. Now all that is left is to hope they like it..
I just love that little whale stamp. Isn't it just the cutest?
Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is so cute, love the stamps you used! I love that whale too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great baby shower invitation, I am sure everyone will like it. Really cute and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie that is a great take on that adorable quilt! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your invitation is so adorable, Debbie! Such a great idea to find inspiration in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card! I love how you used the quilt as your inspiration! Great job...thanks for playing along in Moxie Fab World!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the little whale makes this card even cuter! Great job on the MFW challenge, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debbie! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!