Friday, March 5, 2010

Back to the drawing board


Can you say FRUSTRATING!!!!!!


This is one of those cards. Oh my word! I was trying to come up with an entry for the Olympics of Stamping Challenge category, seasons greetings. And since I want it to be spring so much, I decided to go with the season of spring or Easter. 

I have these beautiful tulips and came up with the idea to use a photo of them as the background for my card. So far so good.
Off to take pictures and get them in the computer. My original idea was to use a bunny and duck stamp that I had  in front of the tulips. No matter how I printed off the photo the size of those stamps just didn't work. But before I let go of the idea, I stamped them in every color, on several different colors of cardstock and on velum.

NOTHING! So change of plans, got out my new butterfly stamp set from PTI, stamped and embossed some butterflies on vellum, cut them out and was much happier with the size and the look of them.
Decided to use acetate over the photo and place the butterflies on top of that.

Wanted to use ribbon across the bottom of the card BUT you guessed it, In all the ribbon I have, nothing would work....the frustration is mounting. And in the middle of all this my husband is asking me questions about the medical expenses I had last year because he is preparing to have our taxes figured for this year and you know "I am JUST making a card". 


So I went with a strip of white cardstock with textured velum on top. Stamped the sentiment numerous times on different cardstock, in numerous inks and punching our or diecutting with several dies.


Well finally, I think I have a card that looks good enough. But it is quite late and I have to wait for the morning to take a photo.
OKAY so that great idea I had to use a photo and acetate makes it so very hard to photograph! reflections on the acetate.........just can't get it right. So now I have a card that in person I like but does NOT look good photographed. So no entry :( :(. But I decide that I am going to blog about it because I just couldn't have wasted ALL that time and ALL those supplies.

So I am hoping if you come over and check out my blog that you will get a chuckle with my story. And you know what, I am going to enter it in the contest, so that more people will have a chance to come over and visit. You know what, not every idea ends in success but the creative process is what keeps me coming back time and time again. It is FUN! 


So if you do stop by and have an equally frustrating story, I would love to hear it.


Have a great day and I hope all of your ideas end in great success!!
 

5 comments:

  1. I have too many of these moments! I am amazed that all the stuff I have collected over the years, I never have the right shade of yellow or the right green ink, and so on. Sometimes I think if I only had a limited supply I would be less overwhelmed, since I would have only a few options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Debbie! Cards with photos or acetate are hard to capture well in a photo. And I've had moments like this, too, when crafting. You get so into your project and don't want to get interrupted in your quest for the perfect ribbon! Hope you got all the frustrations done and out of the way and that your creative juices get going more smoothly again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that frustrated feeling, when you don't feel you can do anything right. I would never have guessed, however; I love your photograph and I think you used perfect accents. Love your idea of using vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you finished this gorgeous card despite all your frustations....it's just beautiful!!!! What a clever idea to use the picture and your substitute for the ribbon looks AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Debbie! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!