Monday, March 29, 2010

Dreary Day but Bright Flowers

The weather is very dreary here, we had thunderstorms and lots of rain during the night. No more thunderstorms but the rain continues. Going to be a great day to stay inside and make cards!
My friend, Tanya came over yesterday and we talked and created non-stop. I feel very fortunate to have a friend close by that is as crazy as I am over crafts, especially all things stamping related. It was a day for showing each other the new craft supplies we had acquired and new creations. We enable each other! It's a win-win. LOL!
This daffodil stamp is a new release from Papertrey Ink. Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers, I think because they signal that spring is here. When I was growning up there was a bulb farm in my home town and I can remember huge fields full of daffodils. Gorgeous yellow blooms everywhere.  I stamped the daffodil image with white pigment ink on white letter press card stock and embossed it using white detail embossing powder. Colored with a combination of copic markers and regular markers. Used a versamark pen to cover the image and embossed using clear embossing powder. Then I traced the edges using an embossing tool and turned over and embossed the petals and the leaves. Cut the white card stock using a spellbinders nestability. Tied white embroidery floss around the bottom and added a tag made by cutting with a deckled oval nestability, stamped the sentiment and colored the edges using a copic marker.
Placed this layer on coral card stock and added card front to A2 size card made with bo-bunny card stock.
Hope this card brightens your day in some small way :)

And if you want to check out Tanya's blog you can find it here http://scatteredstamper.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. This turned out beautiful, Had so much fun yesterday! Thanks for the link too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very lucky to have a kindred spirit so close!! Love what you did with this daffodil! I'm planning on making my very first order to PTI soon and this is one of the sets I'm considering.......thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, love the daffodil! I grew up in Ohio, and there were drifts of daffodils everywhere! I sure miss them here in Texas -- they don't like our 90-100 degree spring days, ha ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!