Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Accidents!


We've all had this happen, you go one step too far and your project is ruined! Into the trash it goes. Sometimes you can find a way to work around it. That is what happened this time. I stamped and embossed this image in white on white card stock, planning to color the flowers. The stamping and embossing turned out fine. Next step color the flowers. Deciding on the color, hmmmm, which color? I am making an effort to try new colors. My usual go to colors are pinks, blues, and greens.  Some how my hand always reaches for the same colors, over and over. So this time I picked a nice yellow marker to try.  Started coloring the image and wasn't pleased with the results. What to do.....file it.........,or wonder what would happen if I tried to remove some of the color with a baby wipe. I liked it! So I continued applying color with a marker to parts of the flowers and then wiping with a baby wipe. I was pleased with the variation in color of the flowers. Yeah! no trash can this time. I would recommend that if you decide to try this technique that you use a good quality heavy card stock. This was pure luxury card stock by Gina K.

I stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment and cut out with a nestability then colored around the edge with the marker. Not sure if you can see it in the photo, but I went over the colored edge with a versamark marker and embossed using clear embossing powder. Colored the strips of card stock with the yellow marker and added white dashes with a white gel pen to resemble stitched ribbon. Mounted on a blue panel of card stock and then placed card front on a white card.



I remember when I started stamping and it seemed like I was afraid to put anything on paper, because I was afraid it wouldn't look right. It took forever to do anything, and it wasn't much fun. I finally realized that it was just paper and the world wasn't going to end if I had to toss it and start over. That realization helped me to be more creative and have fun! And someimes it is fun to try and work around something you aren't crazy about....that's when Happy Accidents occur.


Hoping if you have accidents they are HAPPY ones!


stamps by Hero Arts and Stampin Up.

8 comments:

  1. Turned out great, Debbie! Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job you did, Debbie! Love the colors and shades of yellow and layering! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is stunning. Love the colors and the embossing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on this! The faux ribbon is wonderful, love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing, soft embossing, Debbie. I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Debbie! Beautiful design and colours! Thanks for explaining your baby wipe technique - it looks wonderful!

    Heather Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that really IS a happy accident! And! I always try to remind myself that it's "just" paper -- but somehow I still hoard my favorites, ha ha ha! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My accidents never look like that! You come up with the neatest things!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!