Monday, March 22, 2010

Is it Easter or Thanksgiving??


My first siting of turkeys in the field behind our house. We have seen deer, rabbits, fox, and all kinds of birds but no turkeys until today. I was doing the usual Monday morning routine, paying bills, surfing the net, getting ready for work tomorrow and decided to take a little break. Went into the kitchen and this was the view out my back door.
I was so excited and ran back to grab my camera, hoping they wouldn't be gone when I got back. They looked very at home, snacking on the new grass. I forgot to get a count I was so busy taking pictures but I know there were at least 6 of them.



They stayed for a while and then eventually wandered off into the woods. I wonder how many times they have been here that we haven't seen them. But if this there first time, I hope they will come back frequently.




I love seeing wildlife and trying to get pictures of them and I hope you have enjoyed the view from my back door today.
I also hope you have an unexpected, pleasant surprise in your day!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, Chris & Owen were able to video tape 5 hens yesterday in our woods. They really are pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool photos. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you are surrounded with some wonderful inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!