Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just Rite!


I was supposed to be cleaning up! My craft room  is a mess and a friend may be coming over later today to play so my intentions were to clean up some of the mess. But my self-diagnosed attention deficit kicked in (or that is the excuse I am using) and before I knew it I was playing instead of cleaning. 
 I have been inspired by Debbie Olsen's blog and the beautiful creations she makes with Just Rite stamps. One in particular was using a beautiful dogwood. You can see her design here
http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/muse_and_amuse/2010/03/dogwood-thank-you.html . So last week in my travels around North Carolina I stopped in at a stamp store in Mooresville called Stamper's Alley. Was Mooresville really on the way to where I was going...........No. but that never stops me from taking a detour. I love the internet and all it offers in inspiration and shopping but sometimes you just NEED to be standing in the middle of a store surronded by stamps, papers, inks, makers, and all the other goodies that we love.
So I picked this Just Rite set, Beautiful Blossoms up and when I started to clean, it caught my eye and I couldn't wait any longer to get some ink on it.
I inked it up using markers, Regal Rose and Gable Green and stamped on white card stock. Some additional color was added using Copic markers G40, G0000, and V0000. Next with the image side up I debossed around the edges of the flowers and the leaves. Turned it over and using the larger end of the embossing tool I embossed the flower. Used the same technique to add dimension to the edge.
For the background I used letter press card stock and embossed it using a cuttlebug folder and machine. To highlight the embossed areas I added color with the same copic markers. Cut out the dogwood image and applied giving a little more dimension by placing foam tape behind the flower petals only.
Tied some ribbon around the edges and placed on an A2 size pink card.




This is just a side view showing the dimension that the debossing and embossing adds.

Well my room is still a mess, but I think this card turned out "Just Rite"
Thanks for stopping by and as we say here in the south "Ya'll come back, ya hear"




2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Debbie! I love the coloring on the birds and what you did with the JustRite image - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's stunning. Thanks for sharing! And....for visiting my blog. Not sure what kind of bird I photogrpahed, because he was shot visiting my dad in Texas. I love in Kansas. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!