Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Magenta Beauty

     It's been a busy week. Lots of traveling and work. But when I am traveling I like to scout out stamp stores that I haven't been to before. We traveled across North Carolina last week, almost to the Tennessee border, so before we started I surfed the net and found a stamp store listed in the town of Swannanoa N. C, it is close to Asheville. Very conveniently located right off the interstate. My husband is a good sport about these little side trips of mine and so I got to check it out and of course I picked up a few new stamps. Two of my faves were made by Magenta, a stamp company from Canada.
     This is my favorite and I finally had a little time this morning to play with it some. I started by coloring on the stamp itself with SU markers; lovely lilac, old olive, and certainly celery. This is a great technique and so easy to do. Just color the stamp as desired and breathe onto it and stamp onto card stock. This white card stock is Gina K's pure luxury and it is heavy weight and great for this technique.  Then I used copic marker B0000 to add some subltle color. Then cut the image out leaving a tiny white edge. 
     Layered it onto lilac card stock cut so that there was more of an edge at the bottom and punched the border using an ek success border punch. Added white pearls to the border. Then mounted these layers on a light blue-green bazzil card. 
     Last step-adding a little dimension by using crystal accents to parts of the image.
     Hardest part----waiting for the crystal accents to dry. LOL!

I can definitely see this stamp becoming a favorite and am looking forward to using it, trying different techniques.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, what a beautiful and elegant design! I miss seeing Magenta stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, your card is stunning! Thanks for your comment on my blog and I didn't get your email with your email address. Try it again and send it to jcparkins at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!