Saturday, March 6, 2010

Moxie Fab World "Olympics of Stamping Challenge" Thank You

My entry for the Thank You category.

I Love this stamp from the Rubbernecker Stamp Co. I like to stamp it several times on different patterned paper and cardstock. Takes me back to my childhood and playing paper dolls. I guess I am telling my age.

1. first step was deciding on the papers to use for the stamp. Stamped her first on white card stock with black ink. Then stamped again on patterened paper and red cardstock using white pigment ink and embossing with fine white embossing powder. Finished her by coloring her shoes and ribbons on her hat with a copic marker.
2. Using a sizzix texture plate embossed the background design on letterpress paper. I have just started using this paper and love it for embossing.
3. Stamped the Thanks so much sentiment and punched out.
4. Created the border at the bottom using both sides of the patterned paper used for the dress. Added ribbon in between the different sides. Used a EK success punch to make the wavy border.
5. Stamped sentiment on the top part of the border.
6. Punched red and white flowers using a Martha Stewart Punch and added rhinestone centers.
7. Adhered to red folded card.

Does anybody else remember playing with paper dolls? I guess these days it would be creating virtual dolls on some sort of electronic device............Don't see how it could possibly be as much fun, do you?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colors and the pattern on her dress! My Grandmother would buy me paper dolls when I was little, they were so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! You did a fabulous job on this gorgeous card!!!! I just love how you stamped the lady image and your details are just perfect!!!!! I remember playing with paper dolls that looked like that, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! Paper dolls were such fun ... looks like you're having a fabulous time too! Her dress is beautiful ... love the red accents!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you paper pieced this lady! what perfect DP's you used!

    and yes- I loved paperdolls too and hated how their clothes fell off if the tabs weren't sturdy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Debbie! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!