Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Old Fashioned Violets


 This is another image from the Just Rite stamp set I recently got. There are four flower images and four oval borders that you can mix and match. I used copic markers to color the flower and the inside of the border. Then applied the rock candy distress crackle paint. The painful part is being patient and waiting for that to dry. The crackle effect was uneven over the image.  I am guessing that I didn't apply an even coat of the paint and that is why it turned out this way. But I decided that it looked more like the natural process than if it was an even coverage. I started to add a light coverage of distress ink over the crackle to made them show up more, but decided that might take away from the flowers. The two background scalloped ovals are cut with spellbinders nestabilities in my cuttlebug.
The white background was embossed with an embossing folder in the cuttlebug and the centers of the flowers colored with a copic marker.
The last two steps were applying the ribbon and putting the card front on a green card. 


It's going to be a beautiful day here and I am going to visit my dad. I am very fortunate he will be 83 in April and is very active. He is planning another big garden this year. This winter he was out cutting and splitting wood for the "elderly". Don't you just love it?

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors on this, and the embossed background with just a touch of color really makes it pop! Love the crackle too!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!