This is my 3rd entry in the Olympics of Stamping Challenge. Isn't that a great sentiment? It could easily work for engagements, weddings, anniversaries, or just a note to someone special in your life.
Embossing folders are so easy to use but sometimes the embossed images don't stand out as much as I like. In the past I have tried to color them with chalks but usually ended up with stray chalk marks everywhere and the project ended up being filed in the trash. But then came COPICS into my life! Love the effect that they give to the embossed images--so soft, so easy to do.
Word of warning---learn from my mistakes-this is not the place to use your colorless blender. It really made the ink run and spread past the embossed area. Since it is so easy to do I usually emboss 2 pieces of cardstock and use 1 for a test to decide what parts of the image to add colors to and also to test which colors to use.
1. emboss white cardstock using Sizzix birds, flowers, and branches embossing folder and the cuttlebug.
2. color using copic markers R21, BG10, B00, G0000, G40
3. stamp sentiment from Hero Arts CL156 "Treasure the Moments" using SU going gray classic ink
4.Cut out using Spellbinders nestability and cuttlebug.
5. color around the edge using copic BG 10
6. mount on white embossed cardstock using dimensional foam tape
7. color white ribbon with copic BG10. another thing I love about copics, you can color almost anything to coordinate with your project.
8. adhere ribbon to page.
9. place completed embossed panel to front of A6 size colored cardstock.
Hope you'll try coloring your embossed images with Copics, I think you will be very happy with the results.