Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Olympics of Stamping Challenge-Love

 
 

This is my 3rd entry in the Olympics of Stamping Challenge. Isn't that a great sentiment? It could easily work for engagements, weddings, anniversaries, or just a note to someone special in your life.
Embossing folders are so easy to use but sometimes the embossed images don't stand out as much as I like. In the past I have tried to color them with chalks but usually ended up with stray chalk marks everywhere and the project ended up being filed in the trash. But then came COPICS into my life! Love the effect that they give to the embossed images--so soft, so easy to do.
Word of warning---learn from my mistakes-this is not the place to use your colorless blender. It really made the ink run and spread past the embossed area. Since it is so easy to do I usually emboss 2 pieces of cardstock and use 1 for a test to decide what parts of the image to add colors to and also to test which colors to use.
Directions:
1. emboss white cardstock using Sizzix birds, flowers, and branches embossing folder and the cuttlebug.
2. color using copic markers R21, BG10, B00, G0000, G40
3. stamp sentiment from Hero Arts CL156 "Treasure the Moments" using SU going gray classic ink
4.Cut out using Spellbinders nestability and cuttlebug.
5. color around the edge using copic BG 10
6. mount on white embossed cardstock using dimensional foam tape
7. color white ribbon with copic BG10. another thing I love about copics, you can color almost anything to coordinate with your project.
8. adhere ribbon to page.
9. place completed embossed panel to front of A6 size colored cardstock.

Hope you'll try coloring your embossed images with Copics, I think you will be very happy with the results.

8 comments:

  1. I love this technique, the card is beautiful, and a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love that technique and am going to try it today. It's snowing outside so it's a good day to stay inside and play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie! What a gorgeous card! I love the Copic accents to the dry embossing! :-)

    By the way, if you will update the link in your blog list to my new blog location, http://www.gaalcreative.com, I will add you to my Blog Friends on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo gorgeous...I sooo love the embossing folder and your coloring looks FABULOUS!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment...it was appreciated very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so unique, Debbie! Such a beautiful soft look and that sentimnent is exactly perfect for it! Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Debbie - Thanks for sharing your card and you "how to's"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debbie! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!