Sunday, March 7, 2010

Simple "Thinking of You"


This dogwood stamp from Hero Arts is so gorgeous to me. I always look forward to the dogwoods blooming in the spring . They are so delicate and lovely. No matter how I tried I couldn't get the true color of the dogwood blossoms in the photograph. They are actually more of a coral color than the orangey color they look in the picture. Would love any helpful hints from any of you photographers out there.
Started with the letterpress paper. It is a nice heavy weight and has a nice delicate texture to it.

Colored the dogwood stamp (S5362) with SU markers: certainly celery, creamy caramel, and cameo coral and stamped it on the white letterpress paper.
Added some color to the stamped image with Copic markers E50, G40, and R21.
The dimension around the petals was added by tracing around them with an embossing tool.

The center of the flowers was created by adding touches of Scotch tacky adhesive and applying ivory Flower Soft.

The sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink Through the Trees stamped with the creamy caramel marker.

Adhered the panel to brown cardstock. All done! Thought about adding embellishments but decided it might take away from the detail and colors of the flowers. I welcome opinions, would you have added more or left it the way it was?

9 comments:

  1. I am by far experienced, but i love the card, in its simplicity and non over embellishment or what ever, I think it is very RICH looking, the only thing, I think that I would have moved the flower up a bit, as it looks with all the white space above it like you forgot something? Again, I am new to all this and being new that is the only very minor thing that I feel it has, but putting my inexperience aside, it is a gorgeous card
    congrats good work!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way you embossed the flowers - I had thought you used a stylus to do this. Gorgeous work.

    I think Donna's suggestion about moving the image up is good, however it really is just so beautiful as is. Don't add anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you have a light table. I wondered how embossing it from the back would make it look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's perfect, really. I agree, I think embellishments would have taken away from the simplistic beauty you've created. I'm new at this and don't understand some of the techniques you have used but I love the outcome. There was a post, not to long ago, titled "How to get a decent picture" I think there was a link for a tutorial (might have been Lisa Spangler)on the Hero Arts Flicker group. May be of some help - I am alway frustrated that the picture doesn't do the card justice on color and dimension....I think it's a common frustration :) I had an opportunity to see some of Lins cards in person and they were so much nicer then what the picture depicted! With all that said - Love your card -It IS simply beautiful, very elegant. Your colors, dimension and texture are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Debbie! Thanks once again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so gorgeous! I would not have added a thing...perfect just as is!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its perfect too, placement included. I love the embossing, will give this a try soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a simple idea to emboss the flowers but it makes the flowers stand out - a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really loving this effect! Thanks for the tip! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!