Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Greetings!

 I am so happy that it is finally warm! It will be 77 here on Saturday, I am so happy about that even though I won't be here to enjoy it. We are going to Cullowhee in the mountains of North Carolina to see our granddaughter perform in "A Chorus Line". The weather should be good there through the weekend, but by Monday they will be getting a mix of rain and snow. So glad we will be back home then :)

Wanted to make a card that had the joyous feel of spring and this is the result.
The vase and flower image are from Hero Arts and the sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I inked the vase image with bashful blue and ballet blue pigment ink and stamped on textured white card stock. I like the uneven coverage you get using textured paper. Then embossed with clear detail embossing powder. The image was colored with copic markers: V0000, RV00, RV11, B0000, G0000, and G40. Then I debossed around the edges using and embossing tool. Then turned the image over and embossed inside the debossed areas. This gives the image some dimension.
Then added rock candy distress stickles over the pink flowers and spread it out thinly using a small paint brush. The vase was covered using rock candy distress crackle paint. The applicator it comes with was to large for this area so I applied that with a paint brush also. After drying I added color by rubbing tumbled glass distress ink over it.
After these areas were completely dry I added glue to the green ferns using a quickie glue pen and added sour apple green fun flock.
The last step to this layer was to run it through the cuttlebug with a border embossing folder.
The card base was made from a blue-green card stock and it was also embossed but this time with a sizzix texture plate that was run through the big shot.
The white card stock on the border was created using a ek success border punch. The ribbon was colored to match using a copic marker with just a very light hint of the tumbled glass distress ink.

Did I achieve my goal? Does this card capture the feeling of spring? Hope you like it and hope you are having a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. wow--lots of work, but so pretty! This says spring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the colors on the flowers and case. It definitely say Springtime to me!

    Please email me when you get a chance - I have a question and can't find an email address for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!