Saturday, April 10, 2010

Box Card inspired by Shari Carroll

Shari Carroll has provided some great inspiration over on the Hero Blog this week. One idea that really caught my eye was her box card. I had to get in my room and try this one out. You can see her card and a great video she did giving all the details here.
This idea came at a great time since I will be leading my local stamp club next Tuesday. We meet monthly and every month we take turns leading the group. It's always fun to meet but we all get stressed out when it is our turn to lead the group. So Shari's idea came at the perfect time for me.
 This is the card I came up with. Please forgive the photography, it was a challenge to photograph the card and not have the sentiment completely in shadows. Below is a side view so you can see the dimension of the butterfly. It does fold flat for mailing.

I think this is a great idea. What a happy surprise when you take it out of the envelope. 
I first stamped the flower from CG152 Two Birds with white ink and embossed with white detail powder. Then stamped the background stamp CG120 Antique Background using Tumbled glass distress ink. The butterfly is from CL383 antique engraving. It was stamped on the blue paper with the tumbled glass ink and cut out. Parts of the butterfly were highlighted using a white colored pencil. Then additional color was added by using a blender pen to pick up ink from the ink pad and apply to image. I turned the image over on a soft surface and used a embossing stylus to give the image dimension and then used a small piece of tape in the center only to apply it to the card. I added some more color to the flower image using the tumbled glass and shabby shutters ink and a blender pen.
The sentiment was stamped on white card stock using blue ink and embossed using clear embossing powder.
I use detail embossing powder for most all my embossing.
Thanks Shari for the inspiration! 
And Thank You for stopping by today. Going to Myrtle Beach later this afternoon with my hubby :) Hope you have a fun weekend planned.

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors and the stamps you have used. Embossing the butterfly makes it look like it will fly off the card! Love it! Have fun in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Debbie! Love the soft blues. Have fun in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh so have I gotten a sneak peek at what we are doing on Tuesday?? It is beautiful - -can't wait! Have fun in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!