Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heartfelt Sympathy


I don't know about you but sympathy cards are hard for me to make. This one in particular because it is for one of my best friends.
I stamped the three ferns image from Hero Arts by first inking the stamp with versamark frost ink and then inking again with bundled sage distress ink. Stamped the image and then embossed with clear detail embossing powder. Stamped once in the lower left side of the front panel and then again in the upper right part of the panel.
The sympathy sentiment is from Paper Inspirations and again I inked the stamp with the versamark ink first and then applied Not Quite Navy ink from SU.  Embossed with clear powder and cut out using spellbinders nestability.
The butterfly was also stamped with the navy ink and then colored with bundled sage using a blender pen.
The front panel was then applied to a card made from navy card stock.
And this is the inside of the card........


This is a sentiment from Hero Arts.

Would love to hear any great ideas you might have for sympathy cards.
Thanks for stopping by hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I too struggle with sympathy cards, I find it very emotional when you have to make them. But for the ones I have the recipients have been very appreciative that the I took the time to handmake something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with sympathy cards as well. I recently had to make one and it was not easy. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Debbie. I think an inspirational message is key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a really nice sympathy card, Debbie.....they are difficult. I just try to keep them softly colored and simple. I am bookmarking your card to use as inspiration next time I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful - so thoughtful. Like the others sympathy cards are so hard to do.... as you are usually feeling sad anyway. I usually do flowers or ferns in soft greens and browns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so graceful, thoughtful, very beautiful colors Debbie! Hugs to you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Debbie! This is a beautiful card. Best wishes to you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!