Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hero Arts "Bird in a Circle"


Hero Arts has released a new catalogue of stamps "Artists Proofs Spring 2010" It is full of gorgeous stamps! This is a definite favorite...so gorgeous and I can see it done in so many different ways. This is my first creation and technique. The theme for the contest on the Hero Blog this month is Home and Mother and I think this would be a beautiful mother's day card.
I have been adding dimension to cards by using an embossing stylus to go around the stamped image so I thought I would show you how I do that and a comparison of how the image looks before and after the embossing.

In the first image I used white pigment ink and white detail embossing powder to stamp the image. The picture on the right shows the image after I have gone around the circle, birds, and flowers with the stylus.






Then I turn the image over and use the large end of the stylus to emboss the center of the images that were outlined with the embossing on the front side. The mat I am using is actually the InStitchz piercing mat by Bazzill. It works great for embossing.
The image was colored using copic markers. I didn't have blue card stock that matched the color in the bird so I found a piece that was close and colored ith with the same copic marker. Then using a spellbinders nestability I cut out the two scalloped circles.
I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the border on the green background and then positioned it in an embossing folder so that the border was not inside the folder and embossed using the cuttlebug.
Added a white ribbon and bow to complete the card.
Below is a side view that shows off the dimension a little better.


Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love how you used this stamp, the colors are gorgeous and I love the scallop mats, and the embossed background! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Great flower in the last post. thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so very wonderful, so soft in nature and serene, love the daintiness and gentility in your overall design!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!