Monday, April 19, 2010

Peacock Mother's Day


The Hero Arts challenge for April is home and Mother's day. This gorgeous stamp is from the new Artists Proof spring 2010 release. There are some really beautiful stamps in this catalog and if you haven't had a chance to see them you can check them out here.
I stamped the image twice, once on cameo coral card stock and again on a textured blue card stock. I stamped with white pigment ink and embossed with detail white embossing powder. Then I cut out the peacock from the image on blue card stock and adhered it over the image on the coral card stock. I added a touch of color with a copic marker and added dimension using glossy accents. Ater the glossy accents dried I rounded the corners using a corner punch.
The blue card stock was die cut using a spellbinders nestability. Then cut through the middle of the cut die and and turned it so that the center was to the outside of the card. The were placed on a piece of the cameo coral card stock that is the same width of the card and just a little longer than the blue card stock. I taped the inner part of the blue panels using foam tape to give it dimension but left it flat on the outer edges.
I stamped the word on blue card stock and embossed in white. Then cut out the shape using a nestability. Cut another one of the same shape, using the next size using white card stock.
The white card was covered with white mulberry paper and stamped the swirl with flowers stamp using white embossing powder.
I think my mom would have liked this card. After she died I found some of the first cards I made for her and they weren't great, acutally, they were pretty pitiful, but she kept them anyway. :)

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, This is so pretty, love the colors, all the different layers and the peacock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, really love this mix of colors! What a wonderful stamp too, so fun you have some of the new ones! Great details on how you put the card together as well!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!