Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pretty in Pink


In the middle of a blue day I made a totally pink card. Go figure!
Both of the stamps used are from the new Hero Arts Artists Proofs 2010. This watercolor Butterfly image is so gorgeous and the Peacock image is just a portion of the stamp which is square. Both are going to favorites.
The butterfly was stamped several times along the edge of letterpress card stock. If you haven't tried it yet, you should. It is heavy weight and has a subtle texture that is great for stamping on. The large background and the oval with the peacock image are cut with spellbinder nestabilities. 
The ribbon was white but I colored it with the same ink used to stamp the images and added a few pearls at the bottom. Very quick and easy!
Next card not so easy. I need to make a sympathy card for one of my dearest friends who lost her husband unexpectedly Sunday. John was only 57. I am at a loss for words....She has lost her husband and best friend. You always wish you could do something to take away the hurt, but that only comes with time. I know when I lost my mom, I got tired of hearing that time would make it better and wished somehow if that was the only way to stop the hurt, that I could go to sleep and wake up a year later. It's been almost 6 years since I lost her and they were right, time does help. Peace comes and the tears turn into happy tears of wonderful memories........I wish that for my friend.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your loss and how you feel about it now. Very well said.

    The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, So sorry about your friends husband, life is much too short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Such a delightful monochromatic card!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!