Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Relaxing Afternoon


I hope that you are enjoying spring as much as I am. The azaelas are almost in full bloom and they are gorgeous. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and finished preparing for the projects I was presenting at stamp club. That was not on purpose, just one of those times when your eyes open and you might as well just get up.....
Came home and decided it was too beautiful a day to sit in the house so I took the camera and a chair and went out into the yard to watch for birds, butterflies and just enjoy the sights. We have about 6 different kinds of azaelas and it's hard for me to decide which I like the best. This coral one is very pretty this year.

And I know this is a weed, but I love to play with them. Can't resist a dandelion stamp and maybe it's a sign that I am entering my second childhood but I love to blow on them and watch them fly everywhere.
I bought this beautiful iris around 10 years ago and planted it in the yard. At the time I thought I paid too much for it but I can't tell you how many times it has multiplied and I am happy to share them with friends and neighbors. This is how the first one looked and now through the years I have some that look like this.

Isn't that gorgeous?

This is another type of azaela we have. The larger ones like the George Tabors and the Formosas aren't in full bloom yet so pictures of those will come later.

Still have some dogwoods hanging in there, though the blooms are almost gone.

And this is just a close up of the beautiful iris.
Hope you have the chance to get outside and enjoy nature's beauty. It always makes me think of my mom!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What gorgeous captures on each of these photos, looks like you had an abundant day with the camera and relaxing indeed!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!