Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stamp Club Project: Inspired by Michelle Wooderson, PTI, and Hero Arts

I found my inspiration for this notepad holder here on Michelle Wooderson's blog. I made quite a few of these at Christmas and gave as gifts to the members of my stamp club and other friends and relatives. It was a request from the stamp club that I show them my variation of the note pad cover when it was my turn to lead the group, so this is project 2 for this month.
I chose kraft card stock for the note pad cover background. The coral card stock is from bo bunny and I used the polka dot side for the 2 1/4 strip that the same length as the cover. Next I cut a strip of the kraft card stock 1/4 " smaller than the bo bunny strip. I punched the bottom border with a Martha Stewart border punch.
The flower stamp from Hero Arts is currently only available at Michaels. I stamped that with white pigment ink and embossed with detail white powder. Color was added to the flowers using SU markers cameo coral and certainly celery. Using a piercing tool and mat I pierced holes on either side of three of the stems, pulled white embroidery thread through the holes and tied with a simple knot. Added a strip of white card stock with a smaller strip of coral card stock below flowers.
The sentiment and circle are from a Papertrey Ink set called Take Note and they were stamped using distress ink worn lipstick. The coral and white card stock were cut using a spellbinders nestability.
You can find the notepads for the inside here.
These are so much fun to make and once you get started you can think of so many different things  you can use them for. I like having one by the computer so that when I see supplies I NEED lol! I can jot it down in the book so I will remember where I saw them.
Larry and I  had a great trip to Myrtle Beach yesterday, very relaxing and just fun to get away together, just the two of us. Today is dedicated to getting all my supplies together for stamp club Tuesday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so very lovely Debbie, love the stems in white and because the stamp itself is tall - is framed so well within this tall booklet! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY card! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this project, perfect stamp for the notebooks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS!!
    Coloring an embossed image is one of my favorite techniques!! I love how you used the Kraft cardstock with this!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!