Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stamp Storage

Wow! I was so excited to be mentioned on the Hero Blog this morning and I have enjoyed all the visits and comments that people have left on my post on organization. I have been thinking for a while about putting a catalogue of stamps on the computer and since I have read some of those posts, I just might give it a try. Great Ideas everyone!
There were some questions about how I store my actual stamps so I thought I would take a few pictures to share with you. Since I started "investing" in stamps my storage has fluctuated over the years. Partly because I wasn't happy with the orginal storage and partly because my "investment" has grown. LOL! I am sure yours has too.
I try to buy my storage systems on sale whenever possible. More money for stamps, ink and papers.
The following cabinets sit inside the closet in my craft room and when I want it to look a little neater all I have to do is close those closet doors. The 10 drawer and 5 drawer wood cabinets I bought used, but you can find the company that sells them Here.  Beside that is a cart also on casters for easy movement.
                                                               

The bottom cart currently has paper, stickers, and embroidery floss in it's containers. The two smaller cabinets on top of the wood cabinets were finds at a Goldings store, they contained thread for sale in the store, now they contain wood stamps. Next is a peak inside the wood cabinets.
  



                               
                                                               






Now for a closer look at the  plastic container that sits on top and the contents of one of the drawers.

                                            

I also have a couple a fixture that I bought when a local scrapbook store went out of business. It turns and has four sides that has different storage possibilities for each side. I will show you the side with shelves where I keep stamps that I want to have close to my table workspace.

This fixture is about 6 feet tall this is just a part of one side. But I can reach those stamps without moving from my table.
This is a Jetmax magazine rack that I bought at Micheals. I have a lot of Jetmax products in my room and I only buy them when they are on sale. The last 2 years the day after Thanksgiving I fight the crowds because these are usually 30-40% off at Micheals and if you get up in the early morning they are usually an extra 30% off. Can't beat 60-70% off. The plastic containers are where I store some of my clear and cling stamps. They are from Stampendous and you can see more of the here. I found mine at an Archiver's store.
I like storing my clear sets in these because if some of the clear stamps fall off their backing, they are in this container and are easily found. So these are pictures of the clear and cling stamps stored in those containers.
I keep most of  them in the magazine rack but some are on the fixture I showed before with the shelves.



















The last thing I have to show you is a fixture bought when a stamp store went out of business.


I keep a collection of goodies on it and I change it around quite a bit.
As you can see from my storage pictures I have been a fan of Hero Arts for quite a while!

So it's always a work in progress. But just wanted to share with you some of my storage ideas.
And one last thought, if any of you know a reality show that would come in and give you a craft room makeover please feel free to send in my name. LOL! I dream about my perfect space quite often.

If you have pictures of your storage I would love for you to leave a link in the comment section below.
Happy organizing!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Debbie, a very impressive collection! Thanks for the tips... will keep you posted about the reality show casting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Debbie, I'm drooling! You are one organized lady, and your surroundings are gorgeous! No wonder your cards are too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some amazing storage goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I have stamp room envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What incredible photos and love your organizational process! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Debbie I'm drooling over your stamping supplies and your storage ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool storage. thanks for sharing. And...congrats on the Hero mention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great storage tips!
    Thanks for sharing those pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Debbie! Thanks for sharing more about your stamping organization! I love seeing all the drawers of stamping goodness!

    By the way, I also wanted to letcha know that I've added you to the "Blog Friends" section on my blog's sidebar! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for these great pics..I started stamping and everything was just in one shelf. Now I want to get some space for my craft area..this would be great idea to show to hubby and tell him this is what I want!

    Thanks Debbie..

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!