I made a card today that I wasn't very happy with. I posted it here earlier and it and just kept thinking about it. I couldn't stand it anymore so I decided to try a card makeover.
I liked the top layer of the card but the background was just too busy. Was happy with the colors but not how it all came together.
This is the before card:
I'm curious to see which card you like the best.
This clear stamp set is a Hero Arts, Archivers exclusive.
The butterflies on the left edge were inked first using versamark frost ink, distress inks, dried marigold and worn lipstick. Then embossed with clear embossing powder.
To make the large butterflies, I inked white paper with the frost, marigold and lipstick inks and embossed with clear powder. Then inked the stamp with white pigment ink and embossed with white powder. Then cut out.
I cut the white panel with a spellbinders nestability and used my finger and the lipstick ink to add color to the edge.
The sentiment was inked the same way as the butterflies on the edge and embossed in clear.
Dried marigold was added around the edge of the white rectangle.
Would love to hear your comments about which card you prefer.
Thanks for stopping by!