Monday, May 3, 2010

Enchanted Birthday Wishes


I just got this yummy paper by Memory Box called Enchanted. Everything but the flower image was stamped on the patterned paper. I was lucky enough to pick this up from the Stampin' Treasures website last week on the day they were doing 24% off in celebration of their 24th wedding anniversary. I also picked up the watercolor flower clear set from Hero Arts. I LOVE sales, don't you?
The flower was stamped on white card stock after inking the flower with purple distress ink and the stem and leaves with shabby shutter distress ink. Then cut it out. The green and white deckled edge paper was cut using a spellbinders nestability. The PTI sentiment was stamped using brown Memento ink.
The birds were stamped with the brown ink on patterned paper and cut out.
The butterflies were also patterned paper from this set and were punched using Martha Stewart punches.
I loved how the purple background paper had script on it and looks distressed.
A few pearls added to two corners was the finishing touch. I didn't have pearls that matched the papers so I colored white pearls with copic markers to match. I also used the copic marker to add some extra color to the birds and the flower.
I finally figured out how to download my pictures from my flickr site to the blog........don't laugh, I know that is pitiful. And the border around the picture was created using the free picnik tools. Not very computer savvy but I am slowly learning and having fun doing it. I guess old dogs can learn a few new tricks anyway.
Hope you are having a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by to visit :)

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is beautiful, and the paper is gorgeous! I love the colors and those little birds are a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very beautiful and well designed card, you always have great symmetry and flow to each of your designs...love staring at this for a while, very soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just stunning Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debbie! Such a gorgeous card! I love the soft colors you picked! And the patterns are wonderful. Love the way you stamped/colored the focal flower! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, just so so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!