Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gallery Idol 2010 Entry 3


So far they have around 300 entries in the Gallery Idol challenge! 

So they odds aren't good but I just had to give it one more try. I picked up these clear stamp sets from Hero Arts when I was at Archivers yesterday. They had a beautiful sample using this floral stamp. It was inked using two colors of distress inks, wild honey and peeled paint. It really caught my eye.

For this card I decided to color it using  SU markers, then misted with water and stamped on letter press card stock. The more water you use when misting the more of a water color look it will have.  Added just a touch of color with a copic marker to the stems and leaves. One of our past governor's wives had a project of planting flowers along the interstate and these colors reminded me of one of the patches of flowers I saw on my trip to Raleigh.

This sentiment was one stamp but the size didn't work with the design of the card so I cut it apart so that I could use it on the top and bottom of the card. The scallop border was created with a Martha Stewart border punch.

The bird is from the Hero "Bird Trio" set. Stamped him twice, once on another piece of the card stock and cut out. The other time I stamped his little legs and feet on the bottom border. Added a little foam tape behind his body so it would stand out. He was colored using a blender pen and ballet blue ink.

Rounded the top corners of the white card stock and the green card that it is on. Really a quick easy card to make.


Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Love the color of all the flowers, so pretty, the bird is perfect here too! Good Luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the way you colored the flowers - I haven't had much luck with markers on clear stamps but you sure have. I wish Archivers was closer, it's not fair that they have exclusive Hero stamps and no online store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love how you used the markers and water to achieve the water-colored look. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, love the watercolor look. Great accent with the bird! Thanks for visiting me and for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colors and texture, very feminine and soft!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!