Sunday, May 23, 2010

Paper Crafts Go-to-Sketch Challenge #3

They are having a sketch challenge over on Paper Crafts connection until May 31st and this is my entry.
This sketch was definitely a challenge for me, but I enjoy a good challenge every now and then. Some challenges help me to be more creative but sometimes I feel that I have lost some of my creativity trying to fit a mold. Do any of you ever feel that way? This one pushed me a little and I had to try quite a few things. But in the end I was happy with the results and glad I kept trying.
I only used 1 stamp for the floral circles. It is the Garden Bouquet stamp from Hero Arts. I inked the stamp with markers, misted with water and stamped on letter press card stock. I had to stamp it twice to get enough images for the circles. The circles were cut using a spellbinders nestability. The blue card stock was cut with the smallest die of that set.

The butterfly is from the Antique engravings clear set, also from HA. I used the markers to color white card stock and then stamped the butterfly image with white ink, embossed with white powder and cut out.

The sentiment is from Birthday Messages clear set from HA.
I made the strips of green to border the sentiment by inking the texture impression plate from PTI with the same green ink and running it through the cuttlebug.

We had a great day today. Traveled to Raleigh to see Ariana who is home from NYC. Great visit and we may have some wonderful news to share soon.
Hope your weekend has been nice and thanks for stopping by to visit!

2 comments:

  1. I really like what you've done with this sketch! Love the flowers placed inside the scallop shapes, very pretty! Your alignment of the images and sentiment, all so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job with the sketch! Love the colors and the stamps you have used!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!