Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So Thankful


I have a lot to be thankful for! Life has had it's ups and downs but I feel blessed and thankful that the ups have been more than the downs.
When I was finished making this card it occurred to me how thankful I am that there are great companies that make terrific products so that we can satisfy our creative urges. I was thankful that Hero Arts made this great "Bird in a Circle" stamp, PTI has this wonderful "signature greetings" set, and Memory Box has this scrumptious "Enchanted" patterned paper.
I am thankful that there are blogs and flickr sites where we can share our creativity and meet others from all over the world that share our passion.
This is my entry for the Gallery Idol 2010 contest. The idea for the card came from the patterned paper. I love the colors and the design of the paper. The stamp from Hero Arts seemed a perfect match. I stamped the image on patterned paper. Then stamped 2 more times. Once on pink paper and cut out the flowers and again on white card stock. Colored the bird using copic markers, cut out and pieced the flowers and bird over the original image.
Using a craft knife, I cut around one of the flower images on the paper and slid the bird in a circle image under that part of the flower. The other side is adhered to the paper with foam tape to add some dimension.
Stamped the thank you sentiment at the bottom using rich cocoa memento ink.
I am also thankful when you come by to visit!
So if you happen to stop by, I would love to hear what companies or products you are thankful for.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Debbie, so love this!!
    I am very simple, I love Hero Arts, K&Co and Basic grey - I don't tend to go beyond them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the MB paper and the HA stamps! Beautiful combo! Good Luck in the Gallory Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius to pair these all together! It really gives us extra mileage from that stamp! Love it, Debbie, and good luck on that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great stamping:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a winner to me! You have added such dimension to that stamp!! I am thankful for the time I have to spend on my hobby! I tend to stay with Hero Arts, love Basic Grey, and the Hero Arts notecards. Good luck with the Idol challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and gorgeous! Love how you have used the paper to enhance the stamped image! I am thankful that so many companies keep coming up with new products to keep me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Debbie, so charming in every way and it does have that magical appeal especially with the use of the patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Debbie! Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful card! Love the soft colors!

    Right now, as I am dealing with a very severe case of allergies, I'd say I'm very grateful for Kleenex and Benadryl. I am also grateful for digital scrapbooking designers, Hero Arts stamps, and Ranger products.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!