Saturday, May 22, 2010

Two Nice Surprises!


I got a package in the mail! Yippee! It's my order from Papertrey Ink. The flower is from their Year of the Flower series of stamps, Lily of the Valley. It is stamped on Hawaiian Shore paper and embossed with white embossing powder. This paper and ink are gorgeous and I was not quite able to catch the true color in the photo. I tried to get it as close as possible but it has a little more green in it than what I see on my monitor.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set. The butterfly is from Butterfly Dreams.

After embossing the images I colored the inside using a white colored pencil.
The texture is from their new linen texture plate. This is going to get a lot of use! I love textured card stock but it isn't always so easy to stamp on, so what a great idea to be able to stamp and then add the texture.

And the second nice surprise today..........I was supposed to work and I was able to be off because our census is low.

Hope you had a nice surpise today!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful, Debbie. I love it! Who doesn't remember the fragrant lily's of the valley when you were younger. This stamp could easily be used in a vintage card as well. I am waiting for an order from Papertrey Ink as well. Hope it comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely shot of that l-o-v stamp! I've been thinking about getting it and I think you just put me over the edge!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, love the texture and the image in white really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie! I had to give a little gasp of delight when I saw this, wow, that flower is really gorgeous and especially in white against the teal! Lovely feminine touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Debbie! Such a gorgeous card! I love the flower stamp you just received! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!