Sunday, May 2, 2010
Stamped the Long stem Flowers on one side of the card and embossed using shabby shutters distress ink and clear embossing powder. Added white and folded green paper flowers over the stamped flowers and added gemstones.
Was going to place the stamped butterfly image on the other side of the card but it overwhelmed the flowers so on to plan B.
I inked the floral brocade image first with frost versamark ink and again with tumbled glass ink and embossed using clear powder. Did that twice to cover the left side of the card.
Cut the white letterpress card stock using a spellbinders nestability. Inked the sentiment with the versamark and distress ink and embossed. If you need to use a dye ink and want to emboss it you can always ink the stamp first with versamark and then your dye ink. It works great. Just always remember to use the versamark first so that you won't contaminate that pad with the dye color.
The tiny flowers and stem along the edge are stamps from Rubber Stamp Tapestry.
I cut 2 1/4" strips and 1 1/2" strip of the letterpress card stock and stamped it using the stem stamp.
Decided to place the flowers in a vase and the only punch I had was the wrong size, so I cut off the bottom of the punched vase and stamped it using the stem stamp.
Added the little butterfly to the oval for an accent and honestly to cover a smudge of ink I got on it.
The butterfly border I planned to use will have to wait for another day.