Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Alcohol Inks day 2


This card is made with the same technique I used yesterday. The colors, stamp and nestability used are different.
This is a combination of Watermelon and Citrus alcohol inks and I used two Glimmer Mists behind them, Marshmallow and Yellow Daisy.
I tried to use a punch to make the butterfly but my punches weren't quite up to the acetate. So I die cut the butterfly twice, once on white card stock and once with the acetate. Glued them together at the body. Wound green embroidery thread around the body and used a stiffer green cord for the antennae.
The citrus looks much greener in the bottle but shows up more yellow green on the acetate.
Wanted to tell you to that I use the acetate that clear stamps are mounted on when you buy them. Just a little recycling hint.

On a sadder note my heart is heavy for the two young police officers, and their families, who were killed in the line of duty today in Tampa, Florida. One of these young men has 4 sons, all less than 10 years old and the other leaves a wife who is due with their first baby next week. Please join me in remembering their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for your visit!

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, This card is beautiful--love your design and colors that you used. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, it inspires me to get my inks out and play too! Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This looks sooo amazing! It has a marmalade orange look to it, so pretty! I've never tried alcohol inks before, I need to start experimenting!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!