Monday, June 14, 2010

Bright Canvas Stripes


I was checking out some of my favorite blogs yesterday and saw a couple of cards that inspired me to use some cheerful bright colors. My inspiration came from Tiffany's blog and this amazing card and also Lin's blog and her cheerful quilted card. Aren't both of them great? If this is your first visit to their blogs I am sure you will visit them again.
Inked the large canvas stripe stamp with SU markers, certainly celery, summer sun, tempting turqouise, and rose royal. Misted stamp with water and stamped on letterpress card stock.
Used 3 different sizes of spellbinders nestability circles to punch out a design.
Layered the stripes over a white cardstock.
Punched out butterflies with Martha Stewart punches and placed in circles.
The sentiment was stamped on white, die cut and added to white circle.
The card front was then placed on a kraft card.
Thanks Lin and Tiffany for some great inspiration!!

Thanks for starting your week with me!

6 comments:

  1. Love your rainbow effect here, Debbie, and thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Debbie, how super sweet of you to mention Lin and I! Love how you took the time to ink up each stripe on the canvas background! I always like seeing circular elements on a card and the butterflies are very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful bright colors, love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! I love the multicolored stripes and the butterflies - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful design, beautiful summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card!
    What a unique design. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!