Friday, June 4, 2010

Just One More


Had to make one more variation of the flowers and stripes.......Promise that tomorrow will bring something new and different. Chose a neutral color pallette this time. Kraft and white reminds me of beach sand, sea shells and sea foam drifting in from the ocean.
Stamped the large canvas stripe stamp with white pigment ink and embossed with clear powder.
Inked the stamp again with creamy caramel dye ink, turned it half way and stamped again to make a subtle plaid pattern.
The flower was stamped   three times on Letterpress card stock and embossed. Cut out and layered sections of the flower for dimension. The texture was added by using the linen texture embossing plate from PTI.
Cut the canvas stripe image for the flower background. Chose a small section and punched it with a border punch to make the top edge of the card.
The sentiment is from the Essential Messages clear set. I cut the stamp apart to place the sentiment where I wanted it.
Hope you are having a fun day, I am going to see my dad and get some fresh squash and cucumbers from the garden. I could live off of cucumbers during the summer, they are so much better from the garden than from the grocery store.
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Debbie! It really does remind me of the beach! (wish I was on one right now!) Love the texture you gave to the flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Debbie! I love that flower and how you used it! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, love the neutral colors, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, keep them coming! I love to see what you do with all of these new stamps! I REALLY like the texture that you created on the white flower! Very neat - it's like the tiny holes you see in a sponge, great effect!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!