Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lovely Layers


I have been so excited since I saw a sneak peek of this new stamp from Hero Arts! Kept thinking of all the different ways you could use it and wanted to try stamping it several times and layering it to see how that would look. So many possibilities you could stamp it on white and color it in....stamp it once and add color with brush markers and a watercolor pen, copics, chalks, colored pencils and gamsol....so many thoughts.
But when the stamp came yesterday there were these scraps of pink card stock on my table and another idea came to mind and this is the result.
The image was stamped 4 times on 2 different colors of card stock using white pigment ink and detail embossing powder.
Cut out all 4 images. The first layer was the entire stamp and with each layer decreased the size of the image that was left. I have to admit that it was a little confusing while I was trying to cut the other layers out. To help I marked the areas I didn't want with a pen so I would know exactly where to cut.
A white colored pencil and gamsol were used to soften the darker areas and a little brush marker and a watercolor pen were used to add a touch of color to the lighter pink.
The large canvas stripe was stamped  and embossed with white. Then inked with the dark pink and stamped over the first image.
Stamped the butterfly on vellum and embossed.
Layered strips of kraft and white card stock and stamped the sentiment on the white layer.
Mounted the card front on kraft card stock.
I was happy with the way this turned out and can't wait to try some of the other ideas for this stamp.

So glad you stopped by, Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. wow, I love your card, stunning and beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the layered flower and the background - it all is so well coordinated. Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how beautiful is this in soft pink?! Love it! So glad you got to play with new stamps, the layering looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, this is gorgeous! Love the layered flower, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a beautiful design!!! I just love the white embossing on your layered flower and the white butterfly is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is just stunning. Love everything about it...embossing, the color. BRAVO

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!