Friday, June 18, 2010

More Resist Fun!


Jennifer McGuire showed another great technique today on the Hero Blog and you can check it out Here.

My card isn't exactly the technique she showed but I think a combination of some of the ideas she has shared with us this week.
Stamped the Flowers with versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Colored the flowers using SU markers.
Stamped the flowers again on light weight card stock and cut out the flowers to use as a mask.
Masked the flowers and stamped the canvas stripes around the edge.
Left the mask in place and colored with the twinkle blue ink. Then rubbed the ink off the embossed areas.
Sprayed it with marshmallow Glimmer Mist and dried.
Cut out with Spellbinders nestability and cuttlebug and added some ink around the edge with my finger.
Stamped and embossed the sentiment. The used the canvas stripe to emboss around the sentiment.
Inked the piece with the blue ink, rubbed off embossed area and sprayed with Glimmer Mist.

Made an A6 sized white card and inked the canvas stripe with the blue ink and stamped on the bottom of the card.
Then stamped the dots and flowers at the top of the card.

We saw our first fawn in the back yard today! I love to see the babies but his mom wasn't too happy about Larry being in the yard. She was making a lot of noise and we couldn't decide if she was trying to scare Larry away or warn her baby about him.
Off to work with the babies tomorrow. Hope you are not working this weekend but if you are I hope you enjoy your work as much as I do mine!
Thanks again for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love your blog and I just love this card! You used some fun techniques here and they are all so effective! The way you used that canvas stripe is so cool! Love the brightness that the markers gave to the flowers and the Dots and Flowers look so pretty in the background! Beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are becoming quite the resist master...this is FABULOUS!!!! I love the flowers and how you created the stripes in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS card, Deb! I love the color mix and design! Lovely lovely blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok! I really LOVE this unique look, I will most definitely have to try it! I've been wanting to play with the emboss resist for a while now, lovely shades on all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!