Monday, June 28, 2010

Smiles


Blue, green, and white always look clean, fresh, and cool to me. If your weather is like ours, anything that looks cool, feels cool, makes me feel a little less hot and droopy. Looking forward to a "cold" front that is coming through on Tuesday that will get our temps out of the 90s.  But it's 98 here today, so I made a cool card while waiting for some relief.

Stamped and embossed the Garden Bouquet stamp on acetate using white pigment ink and white detail powder.
Turned the acetate over and added sailboat blue and citrus alcohol inks and sponged with foam dabber to achieve the pattern. This will dry pretty quickly.
Sprayed a heavy coat of glimmer mist over the alcohol inks which added shimmer. That doesn't show up very well in the photo but the card has a nice shimmer to it.
Folded an A2 size card and cut out the oval on the front using a spellbinders nestability and my cuttlebug.
Placed the acetate piece behind the window. This could be left which would give you a lighter look with the alcohol inks but I wanted the embossing to show up better so I cut a piece of white card stock slightly smaller than the front of the card and adhered behind the acetate.
Used a left over strip of the acetate for the border on the bottom of the card.
Stamped and embossed the sentiment and die cut with oval nestability.
Last step was to add a ribbon to the top.

That's all for the card. Now I'm thinking I might just sneak over to the neighbors and get in their kiddie pool :)
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. beautiful! Such a great look, love how you stamped on the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, and I agree with you completely about these colors making you feel cooler! Bring on that cool front!!
    Thanks for explaining so clearly how you achieved this beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE this Debbie! I've been in need of some inspiration and will definitely be getting out my alcohol inks soon! Thanks for sharing your technique...I never thought to add some shimmer to it! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie- I ADORE this card! I love working with alcohol inks and was taught by Tim himself! You have mastered the technique, hun! I also LOVE your Bio - I was ROTFLMAO reading it. Definitely not cheaper than therapy, LOL!!!! I think what you put into one bag at the craft store, is worth an hour on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the look of the alcohol inks behind that white stamped image. It's miserable hot here, too, and I am looking forward to this "cold front"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo gorgeous, Debbie...I love the colors you used and the white silhouettes just pop against that beautiful background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fantastic look, WOW! Swooning over it since I saw it over on Flickr...so pretty! Thanks for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the colours you used her Debbie... totally stunning- I'm going to CASE this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colors, love the alcohol inks and the acetate! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Definitely have to try this. How do you avoid "warping" the acetate when heat embossing? I've had trouble with that before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for the comments! Diana, the acetate does warp occasionally. I try to emboss a little at a time, let it cool and then do another little area. I try to keep the heat tool far away from the acetate, it takes a little longer, but I get better results. Also if you are buying your acetate there is some of the market that is especially for embossing. Sorry, I don't have a link to any.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning, Debbie! Thanks for sharing this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Debbie! So beautiful! Love the white embossing on the alcohol ink! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!