Monday, June 7, 2010

Tall Summer Flowers


Okay, so I am having trouble letting go of that Large Canvas Stripe stamp! I am thinking they probably don't have 12 step programs for specific stamps LOL!
I was very fortunate to get yesterday off because our census is low in the NICU. Good news for me and good news for families that are having healthy full-term babies. So I had some unexpected creativity time and made a few cards.
This is the first card. The stamp is from the new Hero Arts catalog and it is called Tall Flower. I did a combination of paper piecing and coloring with copics and colored pencils.
First stamp the image on Letterpress card stock using memento black ink. Stamped again on a light blue-green card stock. Colored parts of the petals with a slightly darker copic marker. Lightened up the edges of the petals using a white colored pencil and blending with an odorless mineral spirits.
Cut the flowers out and placed over the stamped flower. Colored the leaves with a copic marker.
Colored white twill ribbon with tumbled glass distress ink and tied around floral panel.
Stamped the large canvas stripe with the distress ink and cut out with a spellbinder's nestability.
Layered the card front onto a blue-green card.
All done!
Hope you are having a great start to your week. It's going to be a busy one for me but I am planning on today being a fun one.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your  visits!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Debbie! Keep using that Large Canvas Stripe! You are making some lovely cards with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unscheduled days off are always more fun and it looks like you made good use of yours. I love this card. The colors are so pretty and cheerful and that stamp is now going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors, love that canvas stamp! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card, I love the colours and design. very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the blues you've used on this! It reminds me of a very light sea breeze color, the purest colors of ocean water...very nicely done Debbie! You are rocking these new stamps!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by and thanks for sharing your thoughts!